Beauchamp House Surgery operates a zero tolerance policy towards harassment and abuse of staff or patients, which includes (but is not limited to) homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, racism, sexism, ageism, or harassment or abuse on basis of disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
The Practice supports the Government's 'Zero Tolerance' campaign for health service staff. This states that GPs and their staff have a right to care for others without fear of being attacked or abused. To successfully provide these services a mutual respect between all the staff and patients has to be in place.
Our Practice staff aim to be polite, helpful and sensitive to all patients' individual needs and circumstances. We would respectfully remind patients that very often staff could be confronted with a multitude of varying and sometimes difficult tasks and situations, all at the same time. The staff understand that ill patients do not always act in a reasonable manner and will take this into consideration when trying to deal with a misunderstanding or complaint.
However, aggressive behaviour, be it violent or abusive, will not be tolerated and may result in you being removed from the Practice list and, in extreme cases, the Police being contacted.
Please take note of the occasional types of behaviour that would be found unacceptable:
- Using bad language or swearing at staff.
- Any physical violence towards any member of the Practice team or other patients, such as pushing or shoving.
- Verbal abuse towards the staff in any form including verbally insulting the staff.
- Racial abuse and sexual harassment will not be tolerated within this Practice.
- Homophobic, biphobic and transphobic discrimination, harassment and abuse will not be tolerated within this Practice.
- Persistent or unrealistic demands that cause stress to staff will not be accepted. Requests will be met wherever possible and explanations given when they cannot.
- Causing damage/stealing from the Practice premises, staff or patients.
- Obtaining drugs and/or medical services fraudulently.
We ask you to treat your GPs and their staff courteously at all times.
For the full Beauchamp House Surgery Zero Tolerance Policy, please see: Zero Tolerance